Useful sites for local tourism
Almost all buildings in the Kansai area are fully airconditioned. Some find the inside temperature too cold, e.g., on a train. You may need to wear your clothings in layers.
Information sources for summer heat and disaster preparedness
- How to stay cool during the Japanese summer
- Items to keep you cool
- Japan National Tourism Organization: Emergencies
- Earthquake and Seismic Intensity Information (Japan Meteorological Agency)
- Train Status Information (Japan Railway; Kansai area)
- Navitime for Japan Travel
- Safety tips (App store / Gooogle play) notifies a user with EEW, Tsunami Warnings, Volcanic Warnings, Weather Warnings, Heat illness Warnings and Civil Protection Information issued in Japan.
- SuicaEng is an iOS app that enables you to install a virtual Suica card for ApplePay payments on public transportation and many stores in Japan.