The venue, Kwansei Gakuin University (Nishinomiya Uegahara Campus) is located in the city of Nishinomiya, which is about halfway between Kobe and Osaka.
There are many different accommodation options. We strongly recommend you book your rooms as early as possible, given that there are other big events to be held in the area. At some hotels, we have rooms reserved for the conference. Depending on hotels, you can make reservations in our registration site or through a special link below in the case of one hotel. The reservation through our registration site will be active at the end of March and will continue while supplies last.
There are very limited hotels in the city of Nishinomiya, but there are many hotels in 1) the Takarazuka area, 2) the Osaka/Umeda area and 3) the Kobe/Sannomiya area.
For local transportation, Kansai One Pass and ICOCA Card are useful IC cards (chrageable card tickets), which can be used for almost all trains and buses in the Kansai area (which includes Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe/Nara/Nishinomiya/Takarazuka). You can also use an iOS app SuicaEng to use a virtual Suica card (which is essentially the same as an ICOCA card) on an iPhone. See Travel Information page for details
- Takarazuka Hotel (for conference rates, go to the registration site): located conveniently across from Hankyu Takarazuka Minamiguchi Station; shuttle bus available to and from the venue at an additional cost, only for conference rate guests. It runs in the morning and at the end of the program (except for some evening events), and a few times during the daytime. In comparison to the train + bus option described below, the shuttle costs more (for a round trip) and can take longer (25 to 45 minutes). Reservation of a shuttle service can be made at the registration site. → breakfast Info (google translate)
- Takarazuka Washington Hotel (for conference rates, go to registration site): located conveniently next to Hankyu Takarazuka Station. → breakfast Info
Takarazuka Area Transportation information
- From the Kansai International Airport (KIX): In order to reach Takarazuka area from KIX, probably the easiest option would be to take an airport limousine bus to Hankyu Nishinomiya Kitaguchi terminal, and then take Hankyu Imazu line to Takarazuka station or Takarazuka Minamiguchi station. It takes about 2 and a half hours in total. Timetable and fares of airport limousines to Nishinomiya are found at http://www.kate.co.jp/en/timetable/detail/NS
- To the ICLC venue: In order to go to the ICLC venue from Takarazuka area, you can take a Hankyu train to Kotoen Station on the Hankyu Imazu Line (10 minutes), which runs every 7 to 10 minutes (190 yen). This line is quite unlike train lines in Tokyo and trains are normally not crowded. From Kotoen Station there is a frequent public bus service, and it is a 7-minute ride to the venue (220 yen). A special arrangement with Hankyu bus is made to increase the number of bus services in the morning and in the evening. Walking is possible but it is a 20-minute uphill walk from the station.
- Hotel New Hankyu Osaka (for conference rates, go to registration site): located conveniently right next to the Hankyu Umeda Station. Airport Limousines use the first floor of the hotel building as a major bus stop. → breakfast Info (google translate)
- Hotel Unizo Osaka Umeda
- Hotel Binario Umeda (formally Hotel Sunroute Umeda)
- The Rise Osaka Kitashinchi (for conference rates, use this link to a special page); this hotel is located to the south of Umeda area.
Osaka/Umeda Area transportation information
- From the Kansai International Airport (KIX): There is an airport limousine arriving in Hotel New Hankyu Osaka and Herbis Osaka in about one hour, running 60 times a day. Go to the following page for schedules and fares: https://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/UM/#from
- To the ICLC venue: In order to go to the ICLC venue, you can take the Hankyu Kobe Line train from Hankyu Umeda Station to the Nishinomiya Kitaguchi Station (Express trains run every 7-10 minutes throughout the day and takes 12 minutes). Then change trains to go to Kotoen Station on the Hankyu Imazu Line (4 minutes). From Kotoen Station there is a frequent public bus service, which takes about 7 minutes to the venue (at a cost of 220 yen). A special arrangement with Hankyu Bus is made to increase the number of bus services in the morning and in the evening.
- The Rise Osaka KItashinchi is to the south of Umeda and the use of the JR line is recommended.
- Umeda is a complex area with stations for Hankyu, JR, Hanshin, and different Subway lines. So do not get confused!
- Hotel Plaza Osaka: Close to Hankyu Juso Station, which is on the Hankyu Kobe Line, and is closer to the venue than Umeda Station.
- Special info: Naniwa Yodo River Firesworks Festival will take place on the evening of August 11 (rather than uasual August 4th) in Juso area. A crowd is expected in th area on the evening of this day.
- Hotel Vischio Amagasaki: 1 minute from JR Amagasaki Station, from which you can take a JR train to JR Nishinomiya station. From there, take Hankyu Bus #21 or #29 to the venue.
- APA Hotel Kobe Sannomiya: located within the walking distance of the Hankyu Kobe-Sannomiya Station.
- Kobe Sannomiya Tokyu REI Hotel
- Daiichi Grand Hotel Kobe Sannomiya
- Kobe Portopia Hotel (for conferene rates, go to registration site): located off the Sannomiya area on the Port Island. Read transportation info below carefully. → breakfast Info
There are many other hotels in Kobe/Sannomiya area. Use booking sites to explore.
Kobe/Sannnomiya Area transportation information
- From the Kansai International Airport (KIX): There is an airport limousine bus arriving in Kobe Sannomiya. See the following page for information: http://www.kate.co.jp/en/timetable/detail/KB. Many hotels in the Sannomiya area are in the walking distance of the bus terminal and Hankyu Kobe-Sannomiya Station. To go to Kobe Portopia Hotel, one needs to take Port Liner (monorail) to Shimin Hiroba Station.
- To the ICLC venue: In order to go to the ICLC venue, you can first take the Hankyu Kobe Line train from Hankyu Kobe-Sannomiya Station to Nishinomiya Kitaguchi Station. Trains might be relatively more crowded than other lines. Then change trains at Nishinomiya Kitaguchi to go to Kotoen Station on the Hankyu Imazu Line. From Kotoen Station there is a frequent Hankyu bus service, which takes about 7 minutes to the venue (at a cost of 220 yen). A special arrangement with Hankyu bus is made to increase the number of bus services in the morning and in the evening.
- Those who stay in Kobe Portopia Hotel must go first to Sannomiya by Port Liner monorail before riding a Hankyu train.
- The Sannomiya area has stations for Hankyu, JR, Hanshin, Subway and Port Liner Monorail. So do not get confused!
- Guesthouse Anchor
Osaka and Shin-Osaka Areas
For other options, use the booking sites such as the following.
↓Click on for the menu; click on a location on the menu and click on to get directions to Kwansei Gakuin University.
If does not work on a mobile device, use “View in Google Maps” link instead.