(A) If you need a letter of invitation (proof of acceptance of your abstract) for the sake of applying for a travel fund, or for obtaining 公务普通护照 (if you are a People’s Republic of China citizen), write to the address found at the CONTACT menu at the top of this page. We provide this only to those participants whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the conference.
(B) If you are applying for a visa, read the following carefully. We issue documents necessary for a visa only to the participants whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation. A timely submission of visa documents to a Japanese Embassy is the responsibility of the applicant.
1) Determine whether you need a visa by the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Japan (Click HERE). If your nationality is listed on the “Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay)” (Click HERE), you do not need visa for the short-term entry to Japan. If your nationality is not listed, you may want to do the following. The process is also described HERE.
2) Contact us at the address found at the CONTACT menu at the top of this page, in order to obtain two forms you must fill in (Visa questionnaire and Schedule of stay). Send them to us together with 1) a copy of your passport and 2) proof of your employment or student status in English. These are necessary for us to issue “Letter of Reason for Invitation” (and “Letter of Guarantee” for some applicants).
3) Register for ICLC and finish the payment of your registration fee.
4) We will prepare the visa supporting documents (“Letter of Reason for Invitation” and for some applicants “Letter of Guarantee”) based on your documents and payment status, and will send the documents to you. Note that the “Letter of Reason for Invitation” is different from a letter of invitation described in (A) above.
5) Go to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country by yourself for visa application after you receive the visa supporting documents.
If you are a People’s Republic of China citizen applying for a visa using 公务普通护照, Letter of Guarantee may not be required (Contant the Japanese Embassy or Consulate). Please indicate whether you own this passport or not.